We did our Disaster Recovery test this week at work. The IBM kit behaved perfectly and within 2 hours I had a perfectly recovered and restored AIX 5.3L box up and running.
However, the hp Open View Data Protector backup solution running on Windows took over half a day to recover. Once recovered, it wouldn't allow us to use it, because it needed a Windows Domain Controller to authenticate users against.
We were forced to wipe Data Protector and reinstall, manually importing the data tapes for the AIX box, that left us with a unconfigured Data Protector requiring manual configuration at the end of the second day of the exercise. Even when configured, the datbase restore would take 12 hours to run, so at that point we gave up.
Needless to say hp's Data Protector product is for the chop...