A long time ago I wrote a configuration module in Perl. It was the first module I'd ever written, and I was happy with it. I never loaded it up to CPAN, partially because I wasn't confident enough, and partially because there is no shortage of Configuration reading modules on CPAN.
In the two years since, I've used the module quite a bit at home and at work. It's not great, but it does it's stuff, and it has proved reliable and useful. I'm starting a new project this year at work, and I will need a configuration module for it. I decided to dust off the old module and combine it with some more recent work I've done, and for the moment to remove the bits I never used in the original.
The new module is all nice and shiny, it's now an OO design, it has lots of tests (they all pass), and it preserves the best bits of the old module. I won't say it's perfect, but I'm happy with it, and it almost conforms to the coding standards we are now using at work. I've been doing my test to make small changes, run the tests, add more tests, make more small changes and so on. It's a really nice feeling to see "All tests successful." after each change!
Even though there is still no shortage of configuration readers on CPAN, I may upload this one, as it solves some unique problems I have. Though to be honest, I should also try and make some patches to ConfigReader::Simple which is the closest reader of those on CPAN I would want to use.