Yesterday I got back to doing some stuff on this module. The last time I did anything on it I was working on Windows, now I'm running Perl on a Debian Linux system. As I'm trying to stay as close to the stable distro as possible, quite a few of the required modules and libraries are older than I had used previously. While it's nice to use the bleeding edge, it's also good to test things on a more conservative system too!
Anyhow, all the tests passed on my box, so I uploaded it to CPAN via PAUSE in the evening, then I went to watch "Die Hard" on DVD. This morning some nice CPAN Tester sent me a failure report form their Solaris Perl 5.8.1 box. Suffice to say I can't get the http-tests to fail on my box, so I'm at a loss as to why it doesn't work. Next week at work I'll have a tinker with it on a Windows Perl 5.8.x box, and our RedHat 5.6.x boxes.
If anyone is keen to help, then you can get the version of this module from CPAN in the normal way; XML-RSS-Tools.