This weekend has gone quite well, which makes me suspicious that I have done something horribly wrong and it's going to bite me in the arse when I least expect it!
On my home server I implemented a UL/LI based structured navigation menu, based on the code and ideas of style guru Eric Meyer. I use Mozilla mostly so I'm fine with it, but I don't like the fact it doesn't work with Opera 7 or IE6. As it happens it's only a few lines of W3C compliant DOM manipulation code in ECMAscript to make it work.
After that success I then did some work on RSS parsing with XSLT. I worked on my one-sheet-fits-all stylesheet to make it a bit easier to work with. I really hate the fact the RSS people couldn't agree, and have created two quite divergent structures, and scattered differing namespaces all over the place - makes XSLT a real pain. Anyhow it's a bit easier now to change the result structures, even if the rest of the sheet is a bit verbose. I'll work the results into the docs of the next release of XML::RSS::Tools.
Today we went round the parish looking at the hedges. We are involved in the parish biodiversity group, so we are going to do a hedgerow study this summer. It was nice and sunny this morning, and we covered just over two 1x1km grid boxes in just over 2 hours.
The bread-machine is at the moment baking a hot-cross loaf. I don't know how it's going to turn out, but the picture in the magazine looked very good, so we thought we should give it a go.