This is the second time I've updated this thing thanks to forgetting the password to my gpg signature, which I've up til now THOUGHT I was using the same one each time. I've picked a new one and after extensive re-testing I've managed to determine that A> I am now sure I remember it accurately, and B> including some rebooting, having many days pass, and other various system updates (including one to gnupg itself) have not invalidated said password somehow.
So, I finally put the new dist together only to stumble over the fact that blibdirs gets created by the new ExtUtils::MakeMaker, added a MANIFEST.SKIP (and deal with its peculiarities) and then later stumble over the fact that META.yml gets generated very late in the game such that I have to re-generate SIGNATURE all over again and re-re-re-package the dist.
1.24_02 should be the last re-release for a little while.
In the meantime, I'm going to go bang my head on the wall for a while and try to remember why exactly I _don't_ remember this being so difficult before...