Congratulations to the devel team, and Jarkko (i-hope-i-spelled-that-right) for a fine piece of work. Very much looking forward to it, as soon as someone manages to put together the proper rpms for a Red Hat 9 system.
I *am* tempted to compile it myself though; perhaps after a look at the
I haven't been having any problems with 5.8.0 (yet) thank God, but it's nice to know that lots and lots of bugs got squished.
The only thing I'm not looking forward to is re-updating any of the add-on modules I've gotten from CPAN. Fortunately I've got my modulereport script to help with that [http://www.webdragon.net/mr/]. Very proud of this pup as it's actually quite a bit more robust than the CPAN.pm 'r' command, and has helped me to catch a number of bugs in the CPAN database itself.