I was up all night trying to pull off a simple patch to LWP, but it was one of those days where you write 20 lines of trivial code, and it just DOESN'T WORK. Four hours of debugging didn't help a bit. So I tossed it out and wrote it from scratch (taking about ten minutes), and it works fine now. Sending to Gisle ASAP.
In other news, Perl & LWP yesterday started saying "Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,082". Happytime! Soon I'll be rich -- rich as COSMONAUTS!
I also found the first typo in the book yesterday: a missing comma. The tech editors (especially Elaine) found a million and one code typoes, and I think I got them all. But then there were two or three little codeblocks that I rewrote at the last minute, and of course I thereby introduced a typo.