I am reminded of the saying that the most dangerous and volatile people are those who have nothing to lose...
«The pandemic of HIV/Aids, and the poverty associated with it, is hitting children with a force no one foresaw, according to a new study. In Africa, in particular, it has already undone the achievements in social development of the last half century.
- Every day 30,000 children under five die, mostly from preventable causes
- One in four children live in abject poverty on less than $1 a day
- One in four children will not be immunised against any disease.
- One in three of them will suffer malnutrition in the first five years
- One in six will never go to school
- One in four will not reach the fifth class
- 300,000 children are soldiers