If ever I had forgotten how good Perl was at short little use-once data conversion programs, I have now remembered.
See, I'm brushing up my Chinese by trying to read the Yi Jing in the original. So I found an e-text of it in Chinese, and after getting it into UTF8, I wrote wee little Perl programs to chunk it into one file per hexagram (while also doing some cleanup in it, like turning double-width punctuation into the normal 7-bit variants). Then I wrote another program that for, each of those 64 files, produces a file that lists each character and its English translation(s) (as determined by reading in the Unihan database), as well as the Unicode character number.
WONDERFUL. EFFORTLESS. PERL.