Revelations for the day:
1. To a startlingly close degree of approximation, I am the same age, height, and weight as Eminem. To quote Zim, "WHY DOES IT HURT?!?!".
2. Surprisingly, Copenhagen and Moscow are both at even higher latitudes than me here in Juneau. But just about everyone else on Earth is south of me. Even Helsinki! Even Anchorage!?
3. I moved from high-altitude low-humidity Albuquerque to here at low-altitude moderate humidity, and suddenly everything works different when I'm cooking. Air conducts and retains heat better, so everything in the oven cooks faster. Since it takes more heat to boil water, boiling water is much hotter. And sauces actually reduce properly now!
4. The increase in oxygen per cc of air has not given me superpowers. What a let-down. I was hoping for 581% more of everything!
5. The emotional range of dogs in ABQ runs from rabid to panicked. Juneau dogs range from warmly serene to politely aloof.
6. People here, while not Japanese, understand that seaweed is edible, and that one should remove shoes when entering a home.