Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Shlomi Fish (918)

Shlomi Fish
  shlomif@iglu.org.il
http://www.shlomifish.org/
AOL IM: ShlomiFish (Add Buddy, Send Message)
Yahoo! ID: shlomif2 (Add User, Send Message)
Jabber: ShlomiFish@jabber.org

I'm a hacker of Perl, C, Shell, and occasionally other languages. Perl is my favourite language by far. I'm a member of the Israeli Perl Mongers, and contribute to and advocate open-source technologies. Technorati Profile [technorati.com]

Journal of Shlomi Fish (918)

Saturday February 24, 2007
12:37 PM

Test::Run Update

[ #32493 ]

This Melbourne.PM post piqued my interest to test doing exactly that using Test::Run's runprove and it surprisingly failed. As it turned out it was a bug with runprove (and not Test::Run itself) which I fixed. While I was in the neighbourhood, I decided to work a bit more on Test::Run.

After I installed the latest TAPx::Parser, I ran into a regression which I reported. Apparently, the behaviour in the trunk has diverted from the more traditional (but according to Ovid - wrong) Test::Harness semantics. Now, I'll need to wait until a new stable version of TAPx::Parser is on CPAN, and adapt the tests, while requiring only that version or upwards. Oh well.

Next I worked on a plugin that allows specifying alternate interpreters to test scripts. However, it already accepts regular expressions as conditions, and can be extended to accept more sophisticated ones. Writing this plugin required a small refactoring of the code. I did not put this plugin on the CPAN yet, because I haven't written the Test::Run::CmdLine frontend for it yet.

Writing this plugin required writing some simple TAP-emitting interpreters for it in Perl, which was fun.

I also fixed some bugs in the core that were discovered in the course of testing. Two of them involved adding an empty "PL_FILES" key to Makefile.PL, so ExtUtils::MakeMaker won't invoke Build.PL, and fixed the number of skipped tests in a script I inherited from Test::Harness due to a failed report on perl-5.6.2.

Next on my short-term plans is to finish the configurable interpreters plugin. Then I think I'll work on a statistics' collecting plugin, and an XML report one.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.