How to make a keyword search? Simple!
- Search for a word on search.cpan.org (or any other search engine). Our word ="xyzzy".
- When you get the results, add the resulting page as a bookmark.
- Open "Manage bookmarks". Open properties of your new Google bookmark. The Location will look something like:
- Now replace "xyzzy" in your bookmark with "%s". The result should look something like: http://search.cpan.org/search?query=%s&mode=all
- Now you just add your keyword in the bookmark/properties field saying "Keyword:". We put "cp" (for cpan) there.
- Done! Click OK.
Now you can search cpan for anything by entering "cp anything" in your location field, and hitting enter.
This works in both Mozilla 1.1+ and Phoenix 0.3+. It might even work in earlier versions.