For those of you following the perl.org/cpan.org mail saga, things should be flowing again now. This morning I found some grease and applied it to the appropriate wheel. (It's funny, the assumptions you make about a program.) In my testing, mail delays are now down to an acceptable amount -- that means minutes, not hours.
It doesn't help the volume problem, but we're blocking a lot of traffic now. If it even faintly smells like MyDoom, off to the doghouse.
There was a bit of leakage onto the perl.org mailing lists of mydoom that I wasn't seeing, because my mail provider was blocking some of it for me. We've put even stricter rules on the mailing lists. Hopefully the leakage will stop now -- but as the virus seems to be mutating, we'll keep our eyes on it.
I really haet to be doing this email blocking -- it feels wrong to me. But unless the next virus installs a virus scanner, I don't have a better solution at the moment.