This may sound like a perlvertisement by the time I'm done
Two Perl projects have been finally unveiled, after many months of work. The first one is really cool (well, they're both cool). If you go to our site, you'll see some text ads at the top. Those are NOT Google AdSense/AdWords ads. Those are homebrew ads... meaning, we developed our own system. We played around w/ the AdSense stuff and while we made some money off of it, we were annoyed about how little we actually made. So instead, we developed our own system and now we get to keep all of the money. And we don't have to worry too much about pesky things like fraudulent clicks, b/c we don't syndicate our system outside of our own site. 99.9% Perl, too (the home page was already in PHP, so I hacked the display of ads in that).
The next system isn't as cool - it's a refresher of our business directory that we did last year. We did some integration w/ the previous project, such that advertisers there can at the same time, setup an account.