I clearly need to do some more work with the relocatable code, but so far, here's my Bermuda Changelog for today:
- Made XML, JSON and YAML serialization classes relocatable.
- Started adding exception tests for islands and increased validation.
- Renamed Bermuda::Base to Bermuda::Serialize.
- Made Bermuda::Serialize relocatable.
- Added 'fetch_trimmed_data' which deletes empty attribute and element
items. This makes JSON and YAML serialization much cleaner.
Not too shabby for a day's work. You won't need to write your own serialization code for XML, JSON or YAML. Previously it was easy to add, but you still had to add it.
As it stands now, the entire generated code base is relocatable without any dependency on Bermuda. I still need to work out the best way of making the dependencies for the generated code base clear, though.