Slash Boxes
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Ovid (2709)

  (email not shown publicly)
AOL IM: ovidperl (Add Buddy, Send Message)

Stuff with the Perl Foundation. A couple of patches in the Perl core. A few CPAN modules. That about sums it up.

Journal of Ovid (2709)

Friday September 09, 2005
01:47 PM

Firefox 1.5 Beta 1

[ #26666 ]

I've now installed the Firefox 1.5 Beta 1. Most of my GreaseMonkey extensions broke, but it's definitely a faster browser and navigation is a tad easier. I also noticed that the run time for my JavaScript tests has been cut in half, but I also rebooted, so perhaps there's something else going on.

In other news, I think I've figured out a temporary fix for my Javascript testing problem. Since I've built static mockups of my dynamically generated forms, if I change how the forms are generated, my JS test could give false positives if I forget to update the static mockups. Instead, I think I'll have my Perl tests generate an MD5 signature for my static forms and write that signature out to a file that the JS tests will read in. If the signature doesn't match, I'll get an automatic test failure. It's not perfect, but it's a quick and easy way to let me know if I've missed some static mockups :)

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • The only downside I've hit so far is that if it gets paged out (Win32) then it's REALLY slow to page back in.
  • It appears to have much better caching, so going forward and back is faster. It also no longer resubmits the request when viewing source. I always forget about that when shutting down a test server and then trying to view source. Very annoying!

    • It also used to attempt to correct errors when you viewed the source, so it wasn't exactly what the server sent. Also very annoying for debugging.