Out of habit, when I finished make test with Pugs, I typed sudo make install. I happily watched a list of modules scroll by. Looks like Pugs is getting bigger and better all the time.
Hey look! There's HTML::Entities, a Perl 6 module I started porting a while back. Cool!
Hey look! It's installing it right over the Perl 5 version. Not Cool!
My Perl installation is hosed. I was going to try and automate the restoration, but core modules that CPAN and CPANPLUS use were overwritten. I'm now installing 5.8.7 and will spend much of the day rebuilding my setup from scratch
I hopped on IRC and whined. They're looking into a fix now.
Update: that was the latest from SVN. That is not what is on the CPAN now, so I "assume" the CPAN version is safe.