Through bits of Friday evening and Saturday I managed to get the new SpamAssassin codebase to a point where I can run individual rules. That rocks, as it means I've now got enough code to do what I personally need from it. However there's still a lot more to do:
Phew. Lots to do!
Also this weekend I thought I was going to paint the railing that goes around the top of our flat garage roof. This railing is of the fancy cast-iron variety, and is very rusty and unmaintained, and white, so the dirt and rust show up very badly on it. So the aim was to paint it black. I stupidly thought I could get this done in a weekend. Wire brushing it down and removing all the chunks of rust that I could took about 3 hours - the shape of the railing makes it very hard to get in all the nooks and crannies. Then painting... I thought I could do the painting very quickly, but to get metal paint on there in all the tiny little detailed bits with enough coverage to go over the white... well lets just say I think it would take me a week to do the whole thing. Nightmare.
So I'm going to have another go next weekend. I got about 1 metre of it done so far (there's about 10 metres altogether I think). I'm also going to see if I can't get hold of a better painting tool to get in all the gaps (a toothbrush perhaps). I really hate DIY