Oh how I hate thee microsoft. Let me count the ways...
1. Foisting Exchange on me. OK, that's really this company's fault. But does it really have to be *this* bad?
2. Completely and utterly gang raping emails to the point where it's impossible to re-produce the original as it arrived.
3. Dumbfounded authentication systems. Yes, apparently I can change my password for the new domain I've been put on, but while the terminal server client recognises it fine, the exchange system, and pretty much every other system here at work won't authenticate me. Why? Because I changed my password back to one I'd had before. Did it warn me about this? Did it hell.
4. OLE Structured Storage. Who's brainfart was that?
5. Storing RFC-2822 emails in OLE Structured Storage when you select "save as
6. For producing sysadmins who haven't got the slightest bit of clue why I might need pristine original emails for spam detection work. Apparently someone who runs an exchange server doesn't need to understand the concept of email headers.
Microsoft, you suck!
OK, rant over. Today has been one of those "battle against proprietary crapness in the face of utter hopelessness" days.