More performance tests today (after fixing some mem leaks). I imported my 72MB axkit.org log file into an SQLite database. The import took a while - about 10 mins perhaps. Though I guess that's not *too* bad...
Following that I started doing some queries on it, like what are the most popular URLs, what are the most seen 404's, etc.
Results are coming back in under a second. This thing is amazing. I didn't even put an index on it, so it was doing a full table scan, and stuff like:
SELECT url, count(*) as count FROM access_log
WHERE url like '%.xml'
GROUP BY url
ORDER BY count desc
was coming right back at me instantly. Brilliant stuff. I'm going to investigate using this here at work for some offline query stuff.