Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Journal of LTjake (4001)

Friday May 23, 2008
02:15 PM

More Catalyst fixes

[ #36503 ]

I've put the 5-a-day thing away for a bit to focus on other things. Firstly it was trying to get a new release of Catalyst-Runtime out the door (5.7013 hit CPAN on the 17th). One of the last bits preventing that release was some back-compat methods for Catalyst::Stats so it could mimic Tree::Simple behavior, which is what $c->stats() used to return.

Unfortunately, this release introduced two regressions, now fixed in svn:

1) "sub foo : Path {}" in the root controller didn't work.

This was as a result of my attempt to allow Path(0) to match properly. A simple 1-line fix resolved this problem. This bug also prevents some components' tests from working successfully (so far Catalyst-Model-Adaptor and Catalyst-Plugin-Unicode) as they used this idiom in their test apps.

2) invalid namespace for relative arguments to uri_for from an action that was run from a $c->forward() command.

Since there are a few conditions to satisfy before this bug appears I'm not too suprised it snuck in to the release. Peter Karman provided a much needed test case and the simple fix (remove "local $c->{namespace} = $self->namespace") which i've included in the 5.70 trunk.

I hope we can get 5.7014 out the door relatively swiftly.

I've also fixed up a couple of Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication RT tickets. Both were simple pod fixes: RT #36062, RT #36063

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.