Wednesday January 17, 2007
Five things you didn't know about me
Ack! I've been hit as well by the game of the month... So, I therefore present to you:
Five things you did not know about me (or Georges Perec)
- I created the first web page ever about French author Georges Perec, back in 1993 or 1994.
- I met the girl who became my wife on the Internet in April 1995, thanks to my web page about Georges Perec. We created the first web site about Oulipo and the oulipo
mailing-list together in October 1995, about 6 months before meeting each other in real life.
- I used to write poetry under constraints (in the Oulipo fashion, a group of which Georges Perec was a prominent member), but the only poems I wrote for her were written before we were together. They had her name concealed inside them because I was afraid to come out to her and lose my closest friend (some of those poems were published in
book a group of friends crafted for her on the occasion of her 30th birthday).
- At our wedding, I namely thanked Georges Perec in my speech, for being the cause of our encounter (although he was dead for more than 10 years when she wrote that first message in my guestbook).
- We're going to have our first child in June. If it's a boy we're not going to name him Georges (nor Zowie).
And now I'd like to tag
David Landgren (grinder),
Éric Cholet (echo),
Rafael Garcia-Suarez (rgs),
Elizabeth Mattijsen (Liz),
and Abigail. (more Euro-Perl hackers)
Wow, it's been years since I haven't talked so much about Georges Perec...