In July 2004, I discovered a bug in my module Pod::POM::View::HTML::Filter: when processing a POM object through the View, elements of the POM object were deleted. And it only happened when processing a section with the filter based on Perl::Tidy... So I wrote some some tests to exercise the bug, marked the failing ones as TODO tests, and moved on, thinking it was an issue with Perl::Tidy.
Within the last few days, I spent some time cleaning up PPVHF, reorganising the test suite, working around the same old problem with Pod::POM, committing like crazy and enhancing the module itself.
One of these enhancements made me rewrite a small bunch of lines at the core of the module logic. It was a hell of a surprise when the test script told me 6/46 unexpectedly succeeded!
So the bug was probably mine, after all... I've removed the TODO marker from the tests, but they'll stay here, as I still don't understand what was wrong in that code, and I don't want the bug to creep back in.
Version 0.06 should hit a mirror near you within the next few hours.