Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Bernhard (4508)

Bernhard
  Bernhard.Schmalhofer@gmx.de
https://www.xing ... hard_Schmalhofer

A freelance software engineer with experience in webapplications, databases and bioinformatics.

A contributor to Parrot and the person behind Pipp.

A physicist who worked with third sound in Helium-III and CCD X-ray detectors.

barney on irc.perl.org
github: http://github.com/bschmalhofer [github.com]
LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/bernhardschmalhofer [linkedin.com]
XING: https://www.xing.com/profile/Bernhard_Schmalhofer [xing.com]

Journal of Bernhard (4508)

Tuesday January 31, 2006
02:31 PM

Quine, wisdom teeth pulled

[ #28530 ]

This month I didn't get much done on the ANTLR3 front. Instead I did some directory renaming in the Parrot tree, did a quine in PIR and brought the long awaited HQ9+ to Parrot.

Doing a quine in PIR was fun. The first attempt ended up quite cheatingly with a dynamic op 'q' in myops.ops. Then, thanks to google, I found the standard recipe for quines and did 'quine_ord.pir'. The '_ord' comes from that I use the 'ord' opcode to encode part of the quine code in a data section.

This weekend I finally built up nerves for ANTLR3. There is now support for testing an ANTLR3 implementation in the 'Parrot bc' test suite. And I started on a dummy grammar for 'bc' with Java as a backend.

This afternoon I also had two of my wisdom teeth pulled. It went better than expected, and I feel almost up to par right now.

The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.