Stories
Slash Boxes
Comments
NOTE: use Perl; is on undef hiatus. You can read content, but you can't post it. More info will be forthcoming forthcomingly.

All the Perl that's Practical to Extract and Report

use Perl Log In

Log In

[ Create a new account ]

Beatnik (493)

Beatnik
  (email not shown publicly)
http://www.ldl48.org/

A 29 year old belgian who likes Mountain Dew, Girl Scout Cookies, Tim Hortons French Vanilla Flavoured Cappucinno, Belgian beer, Belgian chocolate, Belgian women, Magners Cider, chocolate chipped cookies and Perl. Likes snowboarding, snorkling, sailing and silence. Bach can really cheer him up! He still misses his dog.

Project Daddy of Spine [sf.net], a mod_perl based CMS.

In his superhero time (8.30 AM to 5.30 PM), he works on world peace.

Journal of Beatnik (493)

Monday October 17, 2005
12:29 PM

Browser bugs : uploading in popups

[ #27216 ]
I have a rather long backlog of journal posts.. so this post is actually a few weeks old. I bumped into the following problem..

In a web based file manager (yes, I know, doom doom doom doom), I had a javascript popup (again, I know, doom doom doom doom) with a upload form. The submit button submitted the form and closed the popup. It turned out that the closing of the popup caused the uploading procedure to cut off. Uploading worked fine for some files and failed for others. After moving the upload form away from the popup, everything worked fine.

Let this be a lesson to all: Don't mix funky javascript with funky javascript and file uploading! :D
The Fine Print: The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.
 Full
 Abbreviated
 Hidden
More | Login | Reply
Loading... please wait.
  • This one took me months to track down. I had added some javascript to a form submit button that set it to dlsabled=true during the onclick event; so clicking it multiple times did nothing.

    This was all fine and good until we started getting errors due to Content-Length being 0 on a form post.

    As it turns out, the browser in CompuServe7 (yes, people are still using that crap) would send absolutely no content during a form post when the submit button was disabled. Eeek.