I've had pretty much all the basic modules I need for a while now, which has put a damper on my release rate. No bad thing, since when you are looking after 100+ you tend to end up doing a lot more maintenance and feature additions than new coding.
I'm by and large completely happy coding Perl on Unix now.
Unfortunately, as I start to do more coding on Windows (in this case, funky Perl::Dist internals magic) I find myself back in the past a bit.
Win32::File, for example, is a horrible piece of API ugliness. It's all CamelCase and return-by-param and bit fields. Ugh...
So here I am again writing simple usability wrappers about code that does the right thing but makes you feel dirty while doing it.
So now if you have some code that needs to remove a readonly flag, you can just go...
The only downside of this module is that my release code can't deal with Windows code, so I'm stuck with an absolutely tortuous release process.
And given the state of Win32:: I've got a feeling this won't be the first Win32:: module I'm going to be forced to write to feel like a human being when I'm coding on Win32.