I'm happy to deliver the first beta for Strawberry Perl 5.10.0.
This is a complete Perl install and the CPAN environment should work perfectly, but I'd like to do a short beta cycle of a couple of days, so that by the time I release the final version I'm not the only person that has ever run it.
At the present time I don't expect that anyone using the beta will need to do a reinstall, the setup appears quite stable, with just a few small things at the edges not quite polished to completion.
Caveats for the Beta.
- Release may be missing some start menu links and some minor documentation.
- It is missing a few last-minute additional pre-bundled modules, such as libgmp.
- No final matching Perl::Dist::Strawberry and Task::Strawberry have been released yet.
- Windows Vista is not supported, although it may or may not work for you (due to a known issue with MinGW).
- The CPAN configuration is set to check for a local minicpan instance at C:\minicpan before using a remote CPAN mirror, this may result in slightly spammy CPAN client behaviour with some "path not found" style error messages, but will otherwise work just fine.
If you could reply in the comments whether or not you managed to get installation and CPAN installation of your modules working properly, and in what environment, that would be just fine for now.