In an attempt to fix a rather evil bug on RHEL 4 ES, I removed a particularly evil test case and moved it inside a skip block, so that it would ONLY run when the additional power of AUTOMATED_TESTING is enabled.
That is, it will never run for end users.
Unfortunately, I made a bit of a thinko and apparently my release automation is not running with AUTOMATED_TESTING enabled, so the last two Params::Util releases have made a a rather loud splat noise on the CPAN Testers results.
Fortunately for me, all those fails are ONLY being seen on CPAN Testers, are the module should retain 100% PASS rates for end users.
I'm uploading a new release to fix this problem, and I'll be having a long conversation with my release automation.
While I can't easily check multiple platforms (until PITA is a bit more developed anyway) I should probably be running the tests both with and without AUTOMATED_TESTING enabled, and both as a regular user and as root (which would have probably weeded out a number of bugs in modules that need to work with files in the past).
Lesson for the day. Always prioritise the end users, that way when you break something around the edges, there's a good chance the only person it will cause trouble for is you (and TONYC++ of course, who had to spend the time finding the bug and reporting it to me because I wasn't paying attention to CPAN Testers results).