What a week this has been.
So far in the last 7 days...
1. My laptop cable/transformer died (and the carefully conserved last charge has run out).
2. My main mail/web server in Melbourne has died and won't come up on reboot.
3. The light bulb in my bathroom died (which seems small, except that it's a bizarre fluorescent circular bulb of a non-standard size and I can't seem to locate a replacement).
4. My desktop computer's video card memory has gone corrupt with seizure-inducing like results (fortunately I don't get seizures...)
5. I start a new business-hours job in a location that's tough to do anything useful at lunch, limited my ability to deal with much of the above.
6. And capping off the week, the Perl on the new servers is displaying the aforementioned zany threading behaviour. Added to the list of modules that spuriously fail tests on RHEL 4 ES Update 1 now is both Storable (thread failures and no weakrefs) and Clone (no weakrefs).
So please excuse me if bits of me disappear for a little while, I'm trying to get it back up and running as fast as I can.
Please Note: The ONLY reliable email for me at the current time is firstname.lastname@example.org.