Since doing posts by day for big projects has become something of a fashion, I took a look back through the "Open Source" module in my CVS Repository
, which contains most of my modules.
I managed to find the first ever version of PPI
(then called Perl::Tokenizer) committed to CVS on the 5th of December 2001. Has it been that long?
Unlike Autrijus' Pugs experience
, my journey feels every bit of 3 and half years long. But I feel just as tired.
BTW, if you aren't using CVS Monitor yet, this is the sort of thing it rocks for. Hunting back through CVS to find this took me all of about 2 or 3 minutes.
And so to the update.
RELEASE CANDIDATE 2
- All the code is done.
- All the POD is done.
- All the tests are done
- RT bugs are at zero
- CPAN Testers shows 100% PASS
I spent some time today on scut work. I've inlined or redone a few bits and pieces the long way, so there's no longer any dependency on File::Slurp or Class::Autouse.
I'll take one more quick look at any dependencies I can remove over the weekend.
So here's the challenge. You people have this weekend to play with PPI
RC2, break it, and submit any bugs you find to rt.cpan.org (preferably with tests and/or fixs), or I make the last POD tweaks and we go PPI 1.000 on Monday.
And then I suspect I'll be taking a break from it for a while so you guys can test drive it properly. Well, except in regards to hacking more on IntelliPerl
(once I get my hands on the upcoming Proton CE 0.3 which should have a sane version of PPI embedded in it).